LOUISVILLE, Ky. — An apartment building in downtown Louisville was evacuated early Monday morning due to possible carbon monoxide threats.
Residents of The 800 Apartments on South 4th Street told WHAS11 that their building was evacuated after a carbon monoxide was reported Sunday night.
According to a spokesperson for the Louisville Fire Department, firefighters arrived around 11:40 p.m. to investigate the leak.
Crews found high levels of carbon monoxide throughout the building. The highest readings were found in the building's basement boiler room.
All gas was shut down to the building and crews spent more than five hours on the scene checking and ventilating every condo. A significant portion of the building had to be evacuated and residents stayed on TARC buses until readings returned to normal.
Officials said one person was transported by Louisville Metro EMS. It's unclear if they suffered any health impacts from the carbon monoxide leak.
Residents were allowed to reenter the building around 5 a.m. on Monday.
We will update this story with more information as we learn more.