LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Amity Packing Company Inc., a Chicago based packing company, is recalling approximately 2,020 pounds of raw ground beef products that may be contaminated with extraneous materials, specifically clear, thin pliable plastic, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced Friday .
The raw ground beef items were produced on Jan. 6, 2020. The following products are subject to recall:
- 1-lb. VACUUM-PACKED, packages containing “Pre 95% LEAN/5% FAT GROUND BEEF” with lot code “0060,” case code “11402” and USE/FREEZE BY date of “01/31/2020” on the product label.
These items were shipped to locations in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. The FSIS advises if consumers were concerned about an injury or illness they should contact a healthcare provider.
Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Pre Brands LLC. at 1-844-773-3663.
More from WHAS11:
- More Premo and Fresh Grab sandwiches added to recall over Listeria concerns
- Toyota, Honda to recall 6 million vehicles over air bag danger
- Takata recall: BMW, Nissan add to list of vehicles with potentially deadly airbags
- Sandwiches recalled for possible Listeria; 2nd recall this month
- Michigan company recalls 10 varieties of sandwiches due to Listeria concerns