CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Last week’s storms brought down trees all across the Charlotte area. WCNC Charlotte Meteorologist Iisha Scott spoke to an expert on ways you can be prepared ahead of the next storm.
An Allstate agent gave this advice:
- Make sure you’re getting all trees trimmed and don’t forget your regular maintenance
- Keep an eye on older trees because they fall easily
- Make sure you have proper insurance coverage and an adequate amount of coverage
And while storms bring out a sense of community, they also bring out scammers.
The North Carolina’s Attorney Generals’ office wants to remind you to:
- Get a written contract that lists all the work to be performed, its costs and completion date
- Make sure the company is insured. You can contact the insurer directly
- Don’t pay upfront. Only pay when the work is done and you are satisfied
Last week’s storms kept tree companies and insurance agents busy. They say it’s never too early to get prepared.