July 3rd, 2015
- Crystal Rogers, a 35-year-old mother of five from Bardstown, Ky., went missing and was last seen on the afternoon of July 3rd by boyfriend Brooks Houck.
July 4th, 2015
- Authorities find Rogers' maroon 2007 four-door Chevrolet abandoned with a flat tire near mile marker 14 of the Bluegrass Parkway. The keys were still in the ignition and the her personal belongings inside and around the car. No trace of Rogers found in or around the vehicle. The family says this is unlike Rogers and they are worried.
- Police begin missing persons investigation under Det. Jon Snow.
July 5th, 2015
- Nelson Co. Sheriff's Office releases information on Roger's disappearance to media.
- Full story from Jul. 5th: http://on.whas11.com/1IDwqrN
July 6th, 2015
- The family posts a reward for information leading to Rogers' discovery at $25,000.
July 9th, 2015
- Boyfriend Brooks Houck gives an interview to Headline News' Nancy Grace, saying he is "100% innocent".
July 13th, 2015
- Brooke Ballard, sister of Crystal Rogers, speaks to WHAS11 saying boyfriend Brooks Houck's story "doesn't add up". She said Houck has been uncooperative with the investigation. Full Story: http://on.whas11.com/1IUkSAg
July 15th, 2015
- Rogers' parents talk to WHAS11 saying they'll do "whatever it takes to find their daughter". July 24th, 2015
- Family and Nelson Co. community coordinate search efforts three weeks after Rogers' disappearance
July 29th, 2015
- Louisville Metro Policesearch several area lakes in continued attempts to find the missing Rogers. Nothing is found during the searches, which last several days.
August 1st, 2015
- The community joins the efforts to find Rogers, ramping up searches and holding vigils and fundraisers to assist in law enforcement's process. Tens of thousands of dollars are raised toward reward totals and trust funds for her five children.
August 14th, 2015
- Parents of Crystal Rogers fight for grandparent's rights of Rogers' youngest son, Eli. Custody is currently shared between Rogers and Houck.
September 9th, 2015
- The Bardstown Police Department suspends Off. Nick Houck, brother of boyfriend Brooks Houck, from force. BPD gives no reason for the suspension.October 15th, 2015
- Bardstown Police Department holds private hearing with regard to Nick Houck. Despite the meeting, no decision made.
October 16th, 2015
- The Mayor of Bardstown, along with the Bardstown Police Department inform that Nick Houck was terminated on the grounds that he interfered with the Rogers investigation. Houck reportedly called his brother Brooks with knowledge that he was being interviewed as part of the case.
- Nelson Co. Sheriff tells media that "Rogers is presumed dead" and that Brooks Houck has officially been named a suspect in her disappearance.
As of 2018, the reward for information in Crystal Rogers' case that leads to the arrest and conviction of person or persons responsible is $100,000. Tips should be called into the Nelson County Sheriff's Department at 877-570-TIPS.