x
Breaking News
More () »

St. Matthews strip mall fire ruled accidental

Louisville Fire Major Bobby Cooper said the fire started due to a ballast in a fluorescent light fixture failing.

LOUISVILLE (WHAS11) – The cause of the fire that damaged a St. Matthews strip mall on Breckinridge Lane on June 17 was determined to be accidental.

Louisville Fire Major Bobby Cooper said the fire started due to a ballast in a fluorescent light fixture failing.

All of the businesses in the strip mall were destroyed.

One firefighter had to be treated due to falling through a roof at the scene of the fire.

MORE ON WHAS11.COM: 

Are fire extinguishers required in Louisville businesses?

Fire departments discuss response times, coverage areas after strip mall fire in St. Matthews

Several businesses damaged after two-alarm blaze in St. Matthews