INDIANAPOLIS — A 4-year-old boy has been wounded after accidentally shooting himself with a gun he found inside an Indianapolis home.
Police say the shooting occurred about 7:30 p.m. Saturday at an apartment complex.
The boy was in stable condition at a hospital. His father has been arrested and faces a neglect charge. Police say the gun was not secured inside the apartment.
This is the second accidental involving a child in Indiana in a week.
Other stories on WHAS11 News
- 1-year-old child shot, killed by 4-year-old sibling: Indiana prosecutor
- Seymour man arrested for neglect in infant son's death
- Indiana wife who accidentally shot, killed husband won't be charged
- Treasure hunter used weather clues on her quest for Forrest Fenn's $2 million prize
- ISP: Indiana man arrested following 58-mile police chase