INDIANAPOLIS — The Hoosier Lottery is encouraging participants to check their Powerball tickets after Saturday's drawing resulted in five big winners.
The winning tickets were sold at the following locations:
- A $2 million-winning ticket with Power Play was sold at Circle K #2229, located at 602 W. Main St. in New Albany.
- A $1 million-winning ticket was sold at Bedels One Stop Marathon, located at 111 W. Main St. in Laurel.
- A $100,000-winning ticket with Power Play was sold at Marathon Express, located at 2710 State Road 135 in Greenwood.
- A $50,000-winning ticket was sold at Crown Liquors #4, located at 2101 N. Post Road in Indianapolis.
- A $50,000-winning ticket was sold at Thornton’s #106, located at 12001 N. U.S. Highway 31 in Edinburgh.
The winning Powerball numbers for Saturday, Sept. 24 were 3-9-21-24-29 with the Powerball of 14.
The estimated jackpot for the Powerball on Monday, Sept. 26 was $285 million. The odds of winning any amount of money in the Powerball are 1 in 25.
According to the Hoosier Lottery, Indiana had the very first Powerball jackpot winner in 1992 and leads the nation in Powerball jackpot wins with 39.
If you have a winning ticket, the Hoosier Lottery recommends you consider meeting with a financial advisor and contacting Hoosier Lottery customer service at 1-800-955-6886 for instructions on how to claim your prize.
The Hoosier Lottery also encourages responsible play of their games and recommends anyone who feels they need help to call the Problem Gaming Helpline at 1-800-994-8448.