SOUTH BEND, Ind. — Prosecutors say a young child who was fatally shot in South Bend was struck after the accidental discharge of a gun by a 4-year-old sibling.
The St. Joseph County Prosecutor’s Office says the shooting Thursday killed 1-year-old Javion Sexton. It says an autopsy conducted Friday found the cause of death to be a gunshot wound and the manner of death to be accidental.
No arrests have been made and no charges have been filed in connection with the shooting.
Other stories on WHAS11 News
- What do we know about Brett Hankison?
- Brett Hankison's termination letter says he 'blindly' fired 10 rounds into Breonna Taylor's apartment
- Officer to be fired for involvement in Breonna Taylor's case
- Poll: Majority of Americans support police protests
- Indiana wife who accidentally shot, killed husband won't be charged
- 'More than 100 shots fired.' LMPD: Multiple people injured, 1 dead in shooting near Louisville skate park