LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Louisville Fire Department responded to a fire at Deja Vu Showgirls on 3421 Taylor Boulevard at 5:46 a.m. Monday morning, just two minutes after they were dispatched.
It took an hour and 15 minutes and 30 firefighters to finally control the fire at the adult nightclub at 7:01 a.m.
There were 6 people in the building at the time of the fire, they were able to exit the establishment on their own with no injuries, according to LFD.
Several arson investigators were on the scene as soon as the fire was controlled, Fire Chief Major Bobby Cooper said they'll use expertise, security cameras and weather pattern knowledge to determine the cause of the fire.
Major Cooper says there is extensive damage to the structure, including a collapsed second floor.
MORE LOCAL STORIES LIKE THIS ONE:
- 'We did not turn our backs on Lebanon Junction': Mayor, former firefighters address mass fire department resignation
- 'I went into dad mode': Family rescued by police after jumping from burning southern Indiana apartment
- Louisville Fire Department Arson Investigators arrest juvenile in connection to warehouse fire
- Experts warn of heat exhaustion as extreme temperatures hammer down on Kentuckiana
- Indiana boy, surrendered in baby box in 2020, visits firefighters who saved him
Sign up for the WHAS11 newsletter: "WHAS Up Kentuckiana." Get the latest headlines and vidos from around Kentuckiana delivered daily to your inbox.