LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Louisvillians can pay last respects to beloved community member and businessman David 'Yaya' McAtee. Tuesday, plans for a public viewing and funeral were announced for McAtee who was killed on June 1.
A public viewing will be from 1:00 p.m. until 8:00 p. m. Friday, June 12 at St. Stephen Baptist Church, which is located at 1018 S. 15th Street in Louisville, according to the obituary. *It is a pass through only viewing.*
The Funeral is scheduled to start at 1:00 p.m. Saturday, June 13 at Canaan Christian Church, which is located at 2840 Hikes Lane.
McAtee's burial will be at Green Meadows Cemetery.
Masks are required for entry at the viewing and funeral.
Other stories related to McAtee's death:
- Attorneys for David McAtee's family says police violated multiple policies the night of his death
- More security camera video could bring deadly police shooting into focus
- Lawyer: Video released by LMPD 'raises more questions than it answers'
- 'They took a good person and they took him from me,' David 'Yaya' McAtee's mother remembering her son
- Mayor Fischer announces external top-to-bottom review of Louisville Metro Police
- Louisville police officer involved in shooting of Parkland business owner investigated for social media post
- LMPD: Videos the night David McAtee was shot and killed 'don’t provide all the answers'
- National Guard presence in Louisville to be reduced
- David McAtee shot 'one time in the chest,' coroner says
- Community remembers Louisville business owner killed in LMPD, National Guard shooting
- FBI joins investigation into fatal shooting involving LMPD, National Guard