LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Click here to upload a picture of your outdated, “spooky” furnace for the chance to win a brand-new furnace courtesy of Elite Heating and Air!
SCARIEST FURNACE CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Scariest Furnace Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) of the states of Kentucky or Indiana who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of Elite Heating & A/C Refrigeration, Inc. (“Sponsor”), TEGNA Inc. (“Administrator”), and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How to Enter. The Contest will begin at 12:01 a.m. (E.T.) on October, 1, 2022 and end at 11:59 p.m. (E.T.) on October, 31, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). To enter, go to whas11.com/contests during the Contest period and complete all required information and follow all posted instructions. Submit your original photograph about your furnace that needs to be replaced. All photographs must be the sole, original work of the entrant and should not portray any people. Judges may disqualify previously published photos or those that have won previous awards or competitions. Limit one (1) entry per person. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator will be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor or Administrator. Ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled so that it doesn’t interfere with processing your entry. By entering, you agree to receive emails from Administrator or those directed by Administrator. You can opt-out of the receipt of such emails by following the directions in any email received from Administrator. All entries become property of Administrator and none will be returned. Contestants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor and Administrator shall have the right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, promote, create a sound recording of, broadcast, or otherwise display or use entries in any way it sees fit without limitation or compensation to entrants. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that is alleged to infringe on any third-party’s intellectual property rights, or that Administrator deems obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate for viewing by a general audience.
4. Winner Selection. A panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsor will judge all eligible entries according to the following criteria: deterioration or damage of the furnace in the photograph (1/3); clarity of the condition of the furnace in the photograph (1/3); needs of the user’s furnace can be met by a Carrier furnace (1/3). The ratings scale for each criterion will range from one (1) to ten (10), with ten (10) being the best score. Judging will conclude within one week after the end of the Contest Period and the contestant with the highest cumulative score will be designated the Winner. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged on the same criteria listed above. Decisions of judges and Sponsor and Administrator shall be final and binding in all respects. Judging will be completed on or before November 4, 2022.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Prize Winner will receive a Carrier Furnace (ARV: $ 6,500).
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about November 4, 2022 at the telephone number or email address provided on winner’s entry form.If winners will be notified by telephone, Administrator will call during regular business hours at number provided on entry form and will leave no messages. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) attempts, return of email notification as undeliverable, or failure of winner to respond to email notification may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of her or his interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability certifying that the entrant’s submission is entrant's original work, that entrant owns right to the work, that the submission has not previously won an award or prize in a contest and has not previously been published, and that entrant has complied with the Official Rules of the Contest, and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as directed by Administrator. Failure to sign and return the affidavit or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of her or his interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of her or his name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator. Administrator reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Administrator. Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest at any time, for any reason. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Administrator reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsor or Administrator will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries (either photos or ballots), poor quality photos, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor or Administrator. The authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry will be considered the entrant. An “authorized account holder” shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with a winning entry. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries, or votes submitted or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
8. Copyright. By entering the Contest, each contestant grants to Sponsor an exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right and license to publish, print, edit or otherwise use the contestant’s submitted entry, in whole or in part, for any purpose and in any manner or media (including, without limitation, the Internet) throughout the world in perpetuity, and to license others to do so, all without limitation or further compensation. Each contestant further agrees that if his/her entry is selected by Sponsor as the winning entry, he/she will sign any additional license or release that Sponsor or Administrator may require, and will not publicly perform or display her or his submission without the express permission of Sponsor and Administrator.
9. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
10. Sponsor. The Scariest Furnace Contest is sponsored by Elite Heating & A/C Refrigeration, Inc.. The decisions of Sponsor, Administrator, and the Contest judges regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final and binding in all respects. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator will be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Contest. For a list of winners (available after November, 30, 2022) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit whas11.com/contests or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), Scariest Furnace Contest, 520 West Chestnut Street Louisville, KY 40202. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact Lily Hamilton, email@example.com.