LOUISVILLE, Ky. — It’s National Picnic Month!
We all know that summertime is the perfect time to getaway from it all. Did you know some of the best places to visit are not too far away?
We’ve compiled a list of the places in Kentucky and southern Indiana where you can explore, pack a lunch and take in the beauty all around you.
- Bernheim Forest in Shepherdsville
- Shepherdsville Park in Shepherdsville
Jefferson County (Louisville Metro):
- Shawnee Park
- Chickasaw Park
- Beckley Creek Park
- Iroquois Park
- EP Tom Sawyer Park
- George Rogers Clark Park
- Waverly Park
- Sun Valley
- McNeely Lake
- Jefferson Memorial Forest
- Joe Creason Park
- Seneca Park
- The Parklands of Floyds Fork
- Spencer County Waterford Park