LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Louisville is cheering on the University of Louisville's women's basketball team as they prep for their Final Four matchup.
The No. 1 Louisville Cardinals will face off against the top-seeded South Carolina Gamecocks Friday night at 7 p.m. at the Target Center in Minneapolis.
Churchill Downs, home to the annual Kentucky Derby, plans to light up its two iconic spires with a red glow in support of the Cards this week.
The Twin Spires have been a popular and signature symbol of the iconic horse racing track since their completion in 1895.
In just five weeks the legendary race track will host the 148th running of the Kentucky Derby on May 7.
MORE LOCAL STORIES LIKE THIS ONE:
- 'Outrun, outwork.' | Louisville's 'motor that just never stops' Hailey Van Lith gears up for Final Four
- Going to Minneapolis to cheer on the Cardinals in the Final Four? Here’s a visitor’s guide
- Louisville women defeat Michigan 62-50 for spot in Final Four
- Kentucky Derby Festival brings Fest-a-Ville concert series back to Waterfront
- 'It's time to have some fun' | Thunder Over Louisville returns to Waterfront Park in 2022
Sign up for the WHAS11 newsletter: "WHAS Up Kentuckiana." Get the latest headlines and videos from around Kentuckiana delivered daily to your inbox.