LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Until Freedom has announced BreonnaCon, a multi-day event in Louisville to direct resources, talent, and energy towards achieving justice for Breonna Taylor.
According to Until Freedom, this first-of-its-kind community convention will include workshops, training, women's and men's empowerment programs, a school supplies giveaway, community BBQ, a Faith Revival and much more.
The events punctuate a 30-day occupation of Louisville by the activist group.
“BreonnaCon will engage, activate, and transform the Louisville community by building a comprehensive slate of programming that will amplify the urgent need for Justice for Breonna,” said Until Freedom Co-Founder Tamika Mallory. “BreonnaCon will address a number of issues impacting the community including food insecurity.”
Several different influencers and celebrities including "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Porsha Williams and "Glee" actor Amber Riley will visit Louisville to participate in the event.
Until Freedom said BreonnaCon will conclude with "nonviolent direct-action training", followed by a demonstration throughout Louisville on Aug. 25. The group said participants will "escalate the urgent call for justice for Breonna Taylor and the Louisville community."
Training for the demonstration will be held at South Central Park on Colorado Ave. at 2 p.m. The demonstration is scheduled to begin at 5 p.m.
Until Freedom recommends people with health conditions that require medications or who may be immunocompromised not participate in the demonstration on Aug. 25. In the registration form on Until Freedom's website, direct action participants are asked if they are willing to be arrested.
Saturday, Aug. 22
- Farmers Market - 9 a.m. to noon - Louisville Urban League (1535 W. Broadway)
- Taylor-Made (Women's Empowerment Event) - 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. - Location TBD
- Brothers for Breonna: Free The Guys (Men's Empowerment Event) - 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. - Location TBD
- Locals Social Gathering - 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. - Location TBD
Sunday, Aug. 23
- Community "Bre-B-Q" - 4 p.m. - Shawnee Park (to be confirmed)
Monday, Aug. 24
- Press conference with families and victims of police violence - 10 a.m. - Location TBD
- Policy Panels and Workshops - 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Location TBD
- Praise in the Park - 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. - Waterfront Park (129 River Road)
Tuesday, Aug. 25
- Meet Up + Training - 2 p.m. - South Central Park (2400 Colorado Ave.)
- March to LMPD Training Academy - 2911 Taylor Blvd.
- Demonstration - 5 p.m.