LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Louisville Metro Police are investigating after police say a woman shot her ex-boyfriend Sunday morning.
An LMPD spokesperson said the shooting happened around 11:30 a.m. near the intersection of Poplar Level Road and Emerald Drive.
LMPD's investigation found that the woman had shot her ex-boyfriend for an unknown reason. Police said the woman remained on the scene after the shooting.
The man was taken to the University of Louisville Hospital where his condition remains unknown.
Police said Domestic Violence detectives are handling the investigation at this time and believe they have all involved parties accounted for.
No one else was injured in the shooting.
LMPD said that anyone with information is asked to call the anonymous Crime Tip Hotline at 502-574-LMPD (5673) or utilize the online Crime Tip portal at LMPD Crime Tip Portal.
MORE LOCAL STORIES LIKE THIS ONE:
- 2 dead in southwest Louisville double shooting, LMPD says
- LMPD: Man found stabbed to death in Louisville home, Homicide Unit investigating
- New bodycam footage released after man with knife shot and killed by LMPD officer
- Kentucky man among 4 US Marines killed in NATO exercise crash
- Indiana police investigating shooting at New Albany residence
Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the WHAS11 News app now. For Apple or Android users.
Have a news tip? Email email@example.com, visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.
Sign up for the WHAS11 newsletter: "WHAS Up Kentuckiana." Get the latest headlines and videos from around Kentuckiana delivered daily to your inbox.