LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Louisville Metro Police said they have arrested and charged a man for fatally shooting his girlfriend Thursday morning in an apartment in Old Louisville.
Police said Anthony Bedford has been charged with one count each of murder--domestic violence, tampering with physical evidence, possession of a handgun by a convicted felon and trafficking in a controlled substance.
An LMPD spokesperson said that the shooting happened around 7:30 a.m. in the 1300 block of South Floyd Street.
Police said when officers arrived at the residence, they found Bedford in the apartment, along with his girlfriend who had sustained a fatal gunshot wound. The Jefferson County Coroner's Office identified the woman as Ranna Bowen.
The spokesperson said Bowen was pronounced dead at the scene while Bedford was taken into custody for further questioning.
He was charged a short time later.
MORE LOCAL STORIES LIKE THIS ONE:
- Percy Phillips trial: Jury couldn't agree on verdict in 1993 murder case
- 'They just want justice': Body cam footage shows fatal Bullitt County shooting, family files lawsuit
- Tennessee bill proposes DUI drivers to pay child support if parent is killed in crash
- Sheriff: 16-year-old boy charged in woman's death
- KSP investigating after person injured in Hardin County shooting involving trooper
Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the WHAS11 News app now. For Apple or Android users.
Have a news tip? Email email@example.com, visit our Facebook page or Twitter feed.
Sign up for the WHAS11 newsletter: "WHAS Up Kentuckiana." Get the latest headlines and videos from around Kentuckiana delivered daily to your inbox.