LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Louisville Metro Police are investigating after a man was shot in a drive-by shooting outside an Okolona residence.
A department spokesperson said officers with LMPD's Seventh Division received a report of a man being privately transported to the hospital with a gunshot wound around 1 a.m. on Sunday.
The shooting was reported in the 7900 block of Cedar Brook Drive.
According to police, witnesses reported the victim was sitting outside when someone fired shots from a vehicle before driving away. The man sustained non-life-threatening injuries.
Detectives with the Seventh Division are handling the investigation, the spokesperson told WHAS11.
Anyone with information is asked to call the anonymous Crime Tip hotline at 502-574-LMPD (5673) or utilize the online Crime Tip portal at LMPD Crime Tip Portal.
MORE LOCAL STORIES LIKE THIS ONE HERE:
- LMPD: 21-year-old arrested for fatal shooting near Buechel, victim identified
- Man killed in downtown shooting near Louisville hospital, LMPD investigates
- 16-year-old charged with trafficking was driving kidnapped minor to another state in stolen van, Georgia police say
- JCPS educator arrested for allegedly sexually abusing student
- 'I am surprised': Bond lowered for Louisville mayor assault suspect, attorneys weigh in
Sign up for the WHAS11 newsletter: "WHAS Up Kentuckiana." Get the latest headlines and videos from around Kentuckiana delivered daily to your inbox.