LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. — Editor's note: Some details of this story may be disturbing to readers.
Florida law enforcement says a man brutalized a dog and then baked it in an oven.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office charged 24-year-old Vicasso Lara late Friday and charged him with animal torture.
Deputies were called to Lara's home after neighbors said he was making threats. They found pools of blood outside the home and bloody footprints leading inside.
After entering the home, they found the dog in Lara's oven, which was set to the highest temperature.
Lara was being held without bond Saturday. Jail records didn't indicate whether he had a lawyer.
- Broward County Sheriff's Office deputy dies from coronavirus
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis issues statewide stay-at-home order. What does it mean?
- Hillsborough County firefighter tests positive for coronavirus
- 'Fighting Chance Fund' will help small business owners and employees in St. Pete
- Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
- Stay-at-home vs. shelter-in-place: Here's what they mean
- HBO makes 500 hours of programming free to stream while you're stuck at home
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter