ST. LOUIS — A man in his 60s was shot and killed in St. Louis. It happened just 30 minutes into Thanksgiving Thursday.
Officers responded to the 1400 block of Arlington in the Hamilton Heights neighborhood of north city for a man who had been shot in the chest. Emergency crews rushed him to the hospital where he died.
The victim was identified as 61-year-old Todd Toston Sr.
Police said Toston and 49-year-old Robert Smith got into an argument when Smith shot Toston.
Smith was charged with one count of first-degree murder and one count of armed criminal action. He is being held without bond.
Latest local headlines:
- 10,000 people will get a free Thanksgiving meal, no questions asked, thanks to a St. Louis-area chef
- 'CBD has the potential to harm you' FDA warns in new report
- 'We were luckier than some' | Trampoline tossed onto car, house by Tuesday windstorm
- Grieving father wants City Workhouse shut down
- HE'S BACK | 5 On Your Side Reporter Brandon Merano returns from deployment to Afghanistan