INDIANAPOLIS — Downtown Indy, Inc. and the electrical workers of IBEW 481 announced the Circle of Lights auditions will be digital this year because of the pandemic.
Indiana entertainers, singers, musicians, dancers and more are invited to submit a digital video audition for the Tom Wood Talent Search. If chosen, they will get a chance to be part of the 58th annual Downtown Indy, Inc. Circle of Lights presented by IBEW 481.
This year, the holiday kickoff will be a special made-for-TV event seen exclusively on WTHR Channel 13 on Friday, Nov. 27 at 7 p.m.
Submitting a video
Two-minute, holiday-themed video submissions will be accepted Sept. 30 – Oct. 19 by clicking here. (There will be NO live, on-site, open auditions.)
Performers should prepare a video using the following specifications:
- Judges are looking for talent, visual presentation and TV/stage presence.
- Video auditions should not exceed two minutes.
- A holiday theme is required (upbeat music preferred). Dress up in holiday style.
- Solo A cappella acts are rarely chosen to advance. Please use recorded musical tracks while performing.
- Solo, duets, families and group acts welcome.
- No lip syncing.
- Social distance and wear masks if in close proximity with people who do not share your residence.
Performers will be notified by the end of October via email if chosen to appear in this year's broadcast. WTHR will arrange a time to record performances in early November. Recorded performances will appear in this year's Circle of Lights TV broadcast. You can submit questions to email@example.com.