ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Food Network star Guy Fieri continues to lend a helping hand to restaurant workers in need during the pandemic.
Last May, they had raised over $21 million.
The fund awarded $500 grants to 43,000 restaurant workers in all 50 states. Nearly 60 percent of the recipients were women and 50 percent were people of color, CBS said.
"The reason was, there's a lot of folks that, for various reasons, don't have the resources, have the time, have the ability to get that money," said Fieri.
Since the fundraiser started, Fieri has been able to get back on the road to film his popular show, "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives", and meet restaurant workers.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'We need to rescue this girl': Deputies ask for help finding missing New Port Richey girl, 11
- 'What are you afraid of,' asks mom of transgender child to Florida lawmakers
- DeSantis lashes out at YouTube for removing COVID panel discussion; Democrats blast 'waste of time'
- Derek Chauvin trial: Judge tells jury state will rest its case Tuesday, deliberation to begin next Monday
- Protesters gather in Minnesota despite curfew following deadly police-involved shooting
- St. Pete Pride reveals schedule for 'scaled down' 2021 events
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter