INDIANAPOLIS — Chipotle Mexican Grill announced testing is now underway in two markets, including Indianapolis, for its new plant-based chorizo sausage.
The meatless product was offered on menus Thursday, Aug. 19 and is made with protein from fresh peas seasoned with ancho chili and chipotle peppers, tomato paste, garlic, Spanish smoked paprika, and olive oil.
The chorizo, which is only available in Denver and Indianapolis, is Chipotle's first new plant-based protein option since the debut of Sofritas in 2014.
Chipotle said its new chorizo is certified vegan, and offers 20 grams of protein per serving, contains no preservatives and is made without grains, gluten, or soy.
To encourage customers to try the new plant-based sausage, Chipotle is offering free delivery through its app and Chipotle.com through Aug. 29.
Here are the central Indiana Chipotle locations offering the plant-based chorizo:
- 10403 E. U.S. Highway 36, Avon
- 2894 East 3rd Street, Bloomington
- 420 E. Kirkwood Avenue, Bloomington
- 2420 E. 146th Street, Carmel
- 12697 N. Pennsylvania Street, Carmel
- 2260 National Road, Columbus
- 9760 E. 116th Street, Fishers
- 1201 S. Reed Road, Kokomo
- 5320 E. 82nd Street, Indianapolis
- 1560 E. 86th Street, Indianapolis
- 3340 W. 86th Street, Indianapolis
- 4625 E. 96th Street, Indianapolis
- 1002 Broad Ripple Avenue, Indianapolis
- 8702 Keystone Crossing, Indianapolis
- 601 Oscar Robertson Boulevard, Indianapolis
- 4645 S. Emerson Avenue, Indianapolis
- 8812 US 31, Indianapolis
- 6 E. Washington Street, Indianapolis
- 12831 Campus Parkway, Noblesville
- 350 S. Perry Road, Plainfield
- 6321 Crawfordsville Road, Speedway
- 829 E. SR 32, Westfield