American Culinary Federation Southeast Regional Conference
Louisville Marriott Downtown
Learn more here.
Pork Loin Roulade with Cured Ham
6 ea. Pork Loin Cutlets (3/8 inches thick)
6 ea. Thin Slices Jamon Serrano
2 ea. Garlic Cloves, Minced
2 tbsp. Chopped Fresh Parsley
1 tbsp. Chopped Fresh Oregano
2 ea. Eggs, Lightly Beaten
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
Breadcrumbs and AP Flour, as needed
Salt and Freshly-Ground Black Pepper
1. Lightly pound the pork cutlets to ½ thick, attempting to form a rectangle. Then season lightly with salt and pepper.
2. Mix fresh herbs with garlic and 1 tbsp. olive oil, then rub mixture evenly over one side of the pounded pork cutlets.
3. Place a slice of cured ham over each cutlet on the seasoned side and roll tightly from the short side of the rectangle, securing each roulade with a toothpick.
4. Roll cutlets in flour, coating evenly and insuring that all excess flour is patted off. Next, coat with the beaten egg, then coat with breadcrumbs.
5. Heat a large pan with ½ inch olive oil until a pinch of breadcrumbs sizzles in the oil. Add the roulades and cook until browned on all sides.
6. Slice and serve.
1 ½ cups Fresh Parsley
1 tbsp. Fresh Oregano
6 ea. Garlic Cloves
¾ cup Olive Oil
3 tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp. Kosher Salt
1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1. Finely chop the fresh herbs and mince the garlic.
2. Mix in remaining ingredients.