LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- Two manhole covers were blown off on Market between 2nd and 3rd streets. Market was closed between 2nd and 3rd streets. It is now back open.
When firefighters arrived they said there was thick black smoke and flames, but it burned out quickly.
Firefighters said it was caused by an electrical issue involving two underground vaults.
There were no injuries or power outages. Witnesses reported the manhole covers blowing 5-10 feet in the air.
Back in Dec. an explosion went off near the same area. LG&E said an underground power line caught fire, then another and it spread. No one was hurt, but there were power outages in the area.