JEFFERSONVILLE, Ind. (WHAS11) -- An area of Jeffersonville has been cleared after a SWAT situation Thursday night. According to Jeffersonville police the situation started just before 8 p.m. in the 1300 block of Spring Street when an employee of Radio Therapy of Kentucky and Indiana smelled gas.
The employee then found a white male passed out with a can of gas and a lighter. Police later found that gasoline was poured on some of the equipment inside the business which caused a concern for radiation.
The Clark Memorial Hospital was put on alert for the safety of their patients, visitors and employees, according to an official from the Clark Memorial Hospital.
The male was taken to University Hospital. He was reportedly intoxicated and incoherent.