Interview: Hot night at the Susan G. Komen Pink Tie Ball

Print
Email
|

by WHAS11

WHAS11.com

Posted on August 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Updated Monday, Aug 20 at 1:24 PM

(WHAS11) -- The Susan G. Komen Foundation is gearing up for their annual Race for the Cure, but before that, comes the Pink Tie Ball.

The theme for this year's ball is "It's getting hot this year," and it's an elegant evening of cocktails, dinner and dancing all to help find a cure for breast cancer. 

The Pink Tie Ball is Saturday, September 15 at the Louisville Downtown Marriott.  The cost is $225 to attend or $150 for breast cancer survivors.  The cost for an after dinner ticket at the Pink Lounge is $75.

75 percent of the funds stay local and the remaining 25 percent fund global research.

WHAS11's Renee Murphy spoke with Pink Tie Ball chairperson Sarah Mitchell and Pink Lounge chairperson Bella Portaro to find out more about this much-anticipated gala event.  Click on the video player to view.

 

 

Print
Email
|