Charges filed against 2 who dropped off shooting victim


by Adam Walser

Posted on March 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Updated Tuesday, Mar 19 at 6:11 PM

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- Two people have been arrested in connection with the shooting death of a Louisville man.

Police say Abigail Frazier and Christopher Brandon Keith were the friends who dropped Chris Jones off at Kosair Children’s Hospital with a gunshot wound and then left.

That gunshot wound eventually killed Jones.

Police are being tight-lipped about the investigation, but the victim's mother tells us she has heard that the shooting itself was likely an accident.

It was the attempted cover-up that happened after Jones was shot that has two of his friends facing felony charges.

“It is a boy Buddy hung around and knew quite a while,” Bonnie Jones said, describing Keith’s relationship with her son. “Every few hours since this happened, I’ve heard he's on his way to turn himself in. “

Police say that 22-year-old Christopher Brandon Keith and 18-year-old Abigail Frazier dropped Buddy off at Kosair Children's Hospital after he was shot in the chest early Saturday morning.

Police say Keith admitted to firing the weapon and disposing of it.

Frazier allegedly threw Jones' bloody clothing in a trash can at a gas station. 

Jones' mother says detectives learned Keith and Jones had been target shooting before the gun went off in a car.

“He was trying to fix the gun because it was jammed and it went off while he was doing that,” Bonnie Jones said.

But rather than driving Buddy straight to the hospital, Bonnie Jones believes Keith tried to cover it up by disposing of evidence, since he was already on probation for another charge and couldn't own a gun.

Bonnie believes a few extra minutes may have made a difference.

“He was shot in the bottom of the heart. It went through the bottom of his heart. He told me they worked on him and did all they could for him and that he didn't make it,” Bonnie Jones said, describing her conversation with the emergency room physician who attended to Buddy.

Keith has already been released on bond. Nobody answered the door at his home Tuesday.

Frazier is being held at Metro Corrections.

A police report says she offered sexual favors to police if they wouldn't arrest her.

A broken hearted mother just wants answers.

“Whoever shot him or however he got shot, accident or on purpose, however it happened, I just want the truth,” Bonnie Jones said.

Police say they will turn over the results of an autopsy report and other evidence to the commonwealth attorney's office to determine if other charges will be filed in the case.

WHAS11 spoke exclusively with Jones' mother about the shooting, Watch that report here.