(www.fraziermuseum.org) -- The Frazier History Museum is 8-years-old and they want you to help them celebrate with a special Samurai-themed Founder’s Day Party.
Bring the whole family and enjoy free museum access and a street party on Main Street.
Saturday, June 9, 2012
Museum open 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Street fair and indoor Founder’s Day activities 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Sidewalk Calligraphy- Learn to how to draw Japanese kanji characters, then grab some chalk and mark up Main Street!
- Karaoke- Family-friendly fun with “Larry-oke”! This will be hard to miss- follow the music to the Main Street stage beginning at 11 a.m.
- Japanese Airbrush Tattoos- you know you’ve always wanted one! Choose from several temporary Japanese designs.
- Inflatables- always a hit with the kids! We’ll have the Joust, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles bounce house and a giant obstacle course with slides!
Beat the heat inside the museum, where you can check out our “Samurai” exhibition free for everyone and take part in the following:
- Create- Samurai helmets (kabuto), samurai masks (mempo), and samurai war fans (gumbai)- Make these samurai accessories then head upstairs to the second-floor landing to enter our Samurai Arts Contest!
- Inflatable Sumo Wrestling in the Tournament Ring- it’s happening all day, folks. Bring your cameras.
- “Arming the Samurai” interpretations- 11:30 a.m. & 2 p.m. in the Great Hall.
- Crane House- Origami demonstrations and education on Asian culture (The Crane House is a community resources that promotes understanding of Asian cultures and heritage through education, outreach and the arts.)
- Museum Store Sale
- Museum Membership Sale
- Bearno’s- Pizza sold by the slice
- Billy Bob King of Corn Dogs- Delicious, carnival-style food including corn dogs, lemonade, fresh funnel cakes, etc.