Thunder 2013: What you need to know
WHAT TO LEAVE AT HOME
This applies to ALL viewing areas within the Thunder Over Louisville venue on the Kentucky side - which goes south from the Ohio River to Main Street between Clay Street and 10th Street and includes Thunder Chow Wagon and North Great Lawn viewing area.
- No Tents or canopies of any kind will be allowed within Waterfront Park. Structures of ANY kind will be required to be taken down. This will be strictly enforced.
- No taping or roping off of larges areas will be allowed. This will be strictly enforced throughout the Thunder venue.
- No overnight camping allowed in Waterfront Park or the overall event area. Waterfront Park officially closes at 11 p.m. on Friday Night and will open at 9 a.m. on Saturday morning.
- No glass bottles are allowed at the event site. Plastic containers, cans and food are permitted. There are also plenty of food and soft drink stands to take care of any needs you may have. Beer is available at the Chow Wagon at Waterfront Park, North Great Lawn, West Belvedere Beer Garden and Boomtown at Tumbleweed Southwest Grill.
- No FOOD or DRINK allowed in the Thunder Chow Wagon, but it is permitted in the North Great Lawn viewing area and other areas of the Thunder venue.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- No grills are allowed within the Thunder venue.
- No bikes, skateboards or skates are allowed in the event venue. You will be asked to walk them in for pedestrian safety. If you ride your bike to Thunder, valet parking is available at the corner of Preston and Witherspoon Streets.
- Please leave any pets at home.
- A picnic blanket or tarp (limited to 10'x10') and lawn chairs are allowed inside the Thunder venue (including the North Great Lawn viewing area).
Due to increased security - all persons and parcels are subject to search.