LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11)-- On Wednesday afternoon the owners and others gathered at Churchill to see which post position their horse would have for the 140th Run for the Roses.
The early Derby favorite, California Chrome, was able to get post five. Locally owned and trained Ride on Curlin got post position 19, one from the outside gate.
(Click the horse's name for more information, including pedigree and current odds)
1. Vicar's in Trouble - trainer Mike Maker, jockey Rosie Napravnik
2. Harry's Holiday - trainer Mike Maker, jockey Corey Lanerie
3. Uncle Sigh - trainer Gary Contessa, jockey Irad Ortiz Jr.
4. Danza - trainer Todd Pletcher, jockey Joe Bravo
5. California Chrome - trainer Art Sherman, jockey Victor Espinoza
6. Samraat - trainer Rick Violette Jr., jockey Jose Ortiz
7. We Miss Artie - trainer Todd Pletcher, joeckey Javier Castellano
8. General A Rod - trainer Mike Maker, jockey Joel Rosario
9. Vinceremos - trainer Todd Pletcher, jockey Joe Rocco Jr.
10. Wildcat Red - trainer Jose Garofallo, jockey Luis Saez
12. Dance With Fate - trainer Peter Eurton, jockey Corey Nakatani
13. Chitu - trainer Bob Baffert, jockey Martin Garcia
14. Medal Count - trainer Dale Romans, jockey Robby Albarado
15. Tapiture - trainer Steve Asmussin, jockey Ricardo Santana Jr.
16. Intense Holiday - trainer Todd Pletcher, jockey John Valezquez
17. Commanding Curve - trainer Dallas Stewart, jockey Shaun Bridgmohan
18. Candy Boy - trainer John Sadler, jockey Gary Stevens
19. Ride on Curlin - trainer William G. Gowan, jockey Calvin Borel
20. Wicked Strong - trainer James A. Jerkens, jockey Rajiv Maragh
21. Pablo Del Monte --- scratched
The Kentucky Derby post time is 6:24 p.m. on Saturday. The horses will continue to workout on the track at Churchill Downs through the week.
California Chrome opens as the 5/2 favorite, Hoppertunity was the second betting option with 6/1 odds to win. The local horse, Ride on Curlin, has 15/1 morning line odds to take the first leg of the Triple Crown.