PISCATAWAY, N.J. – Amashi Kendall won the discus title to lead the University of Louisville track and field teams on the final day of the 2013 BIG EAST Outdoor Championships on Sunday in Piscataway, N.J.
Kendall’s victory in the discus, which she won on a toss of 50.65m/166-2, marked her second career BIG EAST outdoor title. The senior achieved the mark on her final throw of the first round to secure her first win in the event this season. Hannah Baker finished sixth in the event
Steve Wade led the men’s throws group with a fifth-place finish in the discus on a season-best 49.89m/163-8. Isaac Bowling also earned points for the Cardinals in the event, taking seventh.
In the lone women’s jumping event of the day, Michelle Kinsella took third in the high jump after clearing 1.82m/5-11.50.
On the track, Louisville’s 4x100m men’s relay – the quartet of Calvin Arsenault, Marcellus Hobbs, Anotine Keys, and Jeron Brown – set a season-best time of 41.72 to take fourth. The group has improved upon each race this season, shaving off seventh tenths of a second from the first outdoor race this year.
Margret Harris, who competed in both two finals on Sunday, took seventh in the 100m to open the day. In the 200m race, Harris sprinted to a sixth-place finish.
The women’s 4x800m relay, comprised of Michelle Molodynia, Maria Frigo, Benadate Cheruiyot, and Kelsey Cramsey, raced to the second-fastest mark in school history, clocking a time of 9:16.46. On the men’s side, the group secured the final spot to ensure team points, taking eighth.
Louisville’s men’s team finished sixth with 71 points, while the women took seventh with 60 points.
The Cardinals return to action at home on Friday, May 10, in the Cardinal Twilight. The event will take place at the Cardinal Park Track Stadium.
For the latest information on Louisville cross country and track and field, log on to GoCards.com, or, for up-to-the-minute updates, follow the team's Twitter account at www.twitter.com/uofltrackxc or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/uofltrackxc.
BIG EAST OUTDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS (PISCATAWAY, N.J. – BAUER TRACK & FIELD COMPLEX)
Sunday, May 5
Men’s Pole Vault
7. Jacob Sebastian – 4.80m/15-9
Kevin Jackson – NH
5. Steve Wade – 49.89m/163-8
7. Isaac Bowling – 47.81m/156-10
9. Sam Bombaugh – 45.80m/150-3
12. Brad Vivace – 43.43m/142-6
Men’s 4x100m Relay
4. Louisville ‘A’ (C. Arsenault, M. Hobbs, A. Keys, J. Brown) – 41.72
Men’s 1,500m Final
11. Luke Lovelace – 3:55.58
Men’s 110m Hurdles Final
Calvin Arsenault – DNF
1. Amashi Kendall – 50.65m/166-2
6. Hannah Baker – 45.70m/149-11
9. Liberty Slinden – 43.81m/143-9
Women’s High Jump
3. Michelle Kinsella – 1.82m/5-11.50
Women’s 100m Final
7. Margret Harris – 11.76 (wind: 3.1)
Men’s 400m Hurdles Final
Calvin Arsenault – DNS
Women’s 200m Final
6. Margret Harris – 24.12 (wind: 3.2)
11. Agnes Chepchumba – 17:23.24
13. Tyler Byrne – 15:04.00
16. Japhet Kipkoech – 15:07.60
Women’s 4x800m Relay
10. Louisville ‘A’ (M. Molodynia, M. Frigo, B. Cheruiyot, K. Cramsey) – 9:16.46
Men’s 4x800m Relay
8. Louisville ‘A’ (E. Hibbs, M. Wolter, A. Stewart, L. Lovelace) – 7:44.67
Men’s 4x400m Relay
8. Louisville ‘A’ (M. Motill, A. Keys, J. Brown, M. Hobbs) – 3:15.38