Today: Wintry mix changing to snow. Falling temps into the upper 20s by late evening/night. Winds N 10-15 mph.
Tonight: Snow ending, drying out overnight, flash freeze possible. Low, 19.
Discussion: Winter Storm Warning and Winter Weather Advisory for most of Kentuckiana late tonight. Watch out for icy spots throughout the morning. The evening commute will be MISERABLE with areas of moderate snow both north and south of the OH River!
Temps drop tonight into the teens after precipitation ends and this could result in a flash freeze turning roads very icy.
- Now: Snow north, wintry mix along Ohio river. Rain south of Bullit county.
- Friday 1pm: Snow line moves south of the OH River into Metro Louisville. Wintry mix and rain south
- Friday 4-5pm: Banding of moderate to heavy snow may set up along and south of the river (Metro). Evening commute miserable. Snow moves south and east to Frankfort-Northern Grayson Co. Wintry mix and rain south of that line
- Friday 10-11pm: Snow ending
- See Graphic (Yellow texts are totals that include ice and sleet)
-There is a chance that the 3-6" line could move south into northern sections of the Metro...
Saturday looks dry as the front sags south allowing colder air to move into the region. The front starts heading north Saturday night-Sunday. Freezing rain and or snow is likely... Possible 1/4 to 1/2" (if we end up with more snow the ice totals will be less). This part of the forecast is still developing. Bottom line... Driving conditions will be dangerous and locally power outages may be possible. The freezing rain may change over to rain during the day on Sunday.
Very COLD air moves into the region next week with highs in the 20s and lows in the Teens!… Stay tuned for updates.
Twitter: @WHAS11Monty @WHAS11Ben @WHAS11Kristin @WHAS11Reed
Download the WHAS11 WeatherCaster App for your mobile device: