(ABC News) -- Jurors in the British phone hacking trial heard voicemails left by Prince William today, providing deeper insight into the royals’ private life.
Journalists associated with the now-defunct newspaper News of the World are on trial for hacking the phones of celebrities, including Kate Middleton, who was dating the prince at the time the messages were left, and Prince Harry.
Among the information gleaned from today’s testimony:
1. Prince William had pet names for Kate: The Prince referred to his now-wife as “honey,” “baby” and most notably, “babykins.” “My head’s all right. I’ve just picked up your message. Oh, my little babykins! I hope you are all right,” he said to her. “I just tried ringing you but I do not think you would pick it up because it is 5:35 a.m. in the morning so it is probably not a very good time to ring you. I hope you are all right.”
2. Prince William was almost shot: “Hi baby. Um, sorry, I’ve just got back in off my night navigation exercise. I had a busy day today again,” he told Kate. “I’ve been running around the woods of Aldershot chasing shadows and getting horribly lost, and I walked into some other regiment’s ambush, which was slightly embarrassing because I nearly got shot. Not by live rounds but by blank rounds, which would have been very embarrassing, though.”
3. Prince William mocked Harry’s ex: In a voicemail on Prince Harry’s cellphone, The Duke of Cambridge posed as his then-girlfriend, Chelsy Davy, and called him a “ginger” repeatedly. “Hi, it’s Chelsy here. I just want to say I miss you so much and I think you are the best-looking ginger I have ever seen, although you really are quite ugly for a ginger,” he said. “Hope you are having a lovely time. I really miss you. It is lovely out here in Africa and hopefully I will see you very soon, you big hairy fat ginger.”
4. Prince William is considerate of Kate’s schedule: Though Prince William had “a nightmare day,” his main concern seemed to be making sure he could be with Kate as soon as possible. “Crack on with what you have got to do and don’t worry about me,” he told her. “I will give you a buzz later. I always thought you were going to the gym. Hopefully I can come and see you. I will give you an update. Planning on definitely coming out, hopefully by sevenish, so I will be with you by quarter to eight at the latest. Hope that’s all right, baby. I can’t wait to see you.”
5. Prince William really loves to hunt: Even though he told Kate that he was feeling “s—-y” he said he planned to spend the day “beagling,” or hunting with beagles. His plan for afterward, naturally, was to come see his love. “So if you are around at home this evening I would love to see you. Let me know,” he said. “Give me a text or ring back. I am around about the rest of the day.”
For more from ABC News, click here.