72 kids to hospital in Canada carbon monoxide leak

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on June 17, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Updated Tuesday, Jun 17 at 4:34 PM

SAINT-EUSTACHE, Quebec (AP) — Seventy-two children have been taken to a Quebec hospital after at least two were overcome by carbon monoxide at their daycare center.

The city of Saint-Eustache said Tuesday on its website that the children and about 10 adults were taken to the hospital as a preventive measure.

The city says all parents have been advised and the leak is contained within the Les Petits Explorateurs daycare building.

The St-Eustache fire department is at the scene.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas that is toxic to humans in high concentrations.

Print
Email
|