Dutch court rejects terror suspect's injunction

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on February 26, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Updated Tuesday, Feb 26 at 8:04 AM

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — A court has rejected a Dutch-Pakistani terror suspect's final attempt to use the Dutch legal system to block his extradition to the United States, where he is wanted for allegedly plotting a suicide attack on an American military base in Afghanistan.

A judge in The Hague on Tuesday rejected an injunction by the suspect, identified only as Sabir K. under Dutch privacy laws. The Dutch Supreme Court and Justice Minister approved the extradition last year.

The suspects's lawyer, Andre Seebregts, says he has already filed a request with the European Court of Human Rights to block the extradition.

Sabir K. was arrested in Pakistan in 2010 and expelled to the Netherlands in 2011. A Dutch summary of his U.S. indictment says he worked with al-Qaida from 2004-2010.

Print
Email
|