LOUISVILLE, Ky. – The following closures and lane restrictions are expected the rest of this week in connection with construction on the Downtown Crossing.
Closure scheduled Tuesday, October 25-Saturday, October 29:
- One lane of I-65 South just south of the Kennedy Bridge
Daily lane closures will be in place on I-65 South near Downtown Louisville. One lane is scheduled to close around 9 a.m. and reopen by 3 p.m. each day.
Overnight closures scheduled Tuesday, October 25-Saturday, October 29*
- Ramp from I-64 East to I-71 North
- Ramp from I-64 East to I-65 South
- Ramp from I-64 West to I-65 North/I-65 South
- Ramp from I-71 South to I-65 North/I-65 South
- Ramp from I-65 North to I-71 North/I-64 East
- Ramp from I-71 South to I-64 West
- Ramp from 2nd Street to I-64 East
- Ramp from I-65 South to Jefferson Street/Brook Street
- Ramp from Muhammad Ali Boulevard/Liberty Street to I-65 North
- I-64 West reduced to one lane, from Story Avenue to River Road
- I-64 East reduced to one lane, from 3rd Street to Mellwood Avenue
- One lane of I-65 North from Muhammad Ali Boulevard to Main Street
- One lane of I-65 South from the Kennedy Bridge to Muhammad Ali Boulevard
- One lane of I-71 South from Frankfort Avenue to I-65 split
- One lane of I-71 North from I-65 merge to Frankfort Avenue
Closure scheduled Thursday, October 27-Saturday, October 29
- One lane of the ramp from I-64 West to I-65
The lane closure is expected to be in place 9 a.m.-3 p.m. each day.
Work scheduled for Thursday, October 27
- Project-wide rolling closures 10 a.m.-1 p.m. for pothole patching
Overnight closure scheduled Friday, October 28 and Saturday, October 29*
- Ramp from Story Avenue to I-64 West
Closure scheduled Thursday, October 27
- Ramp from US 31 South to 10th Street
The ramp is expected to close around 5 a.m. Thursday and reopen by 7 p.m. A signed detour will be in place.
*Overnight closures are scheduled to begin around 9 p.m. and end by 5 a.m. Signed detours are in place during full closures.
A wave of continuous work along the I-65 corridor will lead to intermittent closures on several Downtown Louisville streets through the end of the project in late 2016. Closures are not continuous and will be shifting as work dictates. Signed detours are in place during full closures.
The following streets are impacted:
- Floyd Street from Muhammad Ali Boulevard to Liberty Street
- Hancock Street from Main Street to Clay Street
- Jackson Street from Jefferson Street to Market Street
- Jefferson Street from Jackson Street to Floyd Street
- Liberty Street from Floyd Street to Preston Street
- Main Street from Hancock Street to Jackson Street
- Market Street from Hancock Street to Jackson Street
- Preston Street from Jefferson Street to Liberty Street
- River Road from Preston Street to Witherspoon Street (2 lanes)
- Witherspoon Street from Slugger Field to Clay Street and from Adams Street to River Road
Additional intermittent closures
- Frankfort Avenue from Story Avenue to River Road, with local access available between Story Avenue and Washington Street
- Mellwood Avenue under I-64
- Story Avenue under I-64
- Ramp from I-65 South to I-64 West is closed. It’s expected to open in November 2016.
- I-65 South and I-65 North reduced to two through lanes of traffic from the Kennedy Bridge and Abraham Lincoln Bridge to Brown’s Station Way through late 2016.
- Alternating closures on Market Street and Riverside Drive from Clark Street to Riverpointe Plaza.
The actual starting date and duration for the work may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur. Also, given the aggressive overall construction schedule for the project, Walsh DBT may shift work schedules when opportunities arise. Find all of the latest traffic information at www.kyinbridges.com.