LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Oct. 11, 2016) – The following closures and lane restrictions are expected the rest of this week in connection with construction on the Downtown Crossing.
Overnight closures scheduled Tuesday, October 11-Saturday, October 15*
• Ramp from I-64 East to I-71 North
• Ramp from I-64 East to I-65 South
• Ramp from I-64 West to I-65 North/I-65 South
• Ramp from I-71 South to I-65 North/I-65 South
• Ramp from I-65 North to I-71 North/I-64 East
• Ramp from I-71 South to I-64 West
• Ramp from 2nd Street to I-64 East
• Ramp from I-65 South to Jefferson Street/Brook Street
• Ramp from Muhammad Ali Boulevard/Liberty Street to I-65 North
• I-64 West reduced to one lane, from Story Avenue to River Road
• I-64 East reduced to one lane, from 3rd Street to Mellwood Avenue
• One lane of I-65 North from Muhammad Ali Boulevard to Main Street
• One lane of I-65 South from the Lincoln Bridge to Muhammad Ali Boulevard
• One lane of I-71 South from Frankfort Avenue to I-65 split
Overnight closure scheduled Wednesday, October 12-Sunday, October 16*
• One lane of I-71 North from the I-65 merge to Frankfort Avenue
Work scheduled for Thursday, October 13
• Project-wide rolling closures 10 a.m.-1 p.m. for pothole patching
*Overnight closures are scheduled to begin around 9 p.m. and end by 5 a.m. Signed detours are in place during full closures.
A wave of continuous work along the I-65 corridor will lead to intermittent closures on several Downtown Louisville streets through the end of the project in late 2016. Closures are not continuous and will be shifting as work dictates. Signed detours are in place during full closures.
The following streets are impacted:
• Floyd Street from Muhammad Ali Boulevard to Liberty Street
• Hancock Street from Main Street to Clay Street
• Jackson Street from Jefferson Street to Market Street
• Jefferson Street from Jackson Street to Floyd Street
• Liberty Street from Floyd Street to Preston Street
• Main Street from Hancock Street to Jackson Street
• Market Street from Hancock Street to Jackson Street
• Preston Street from Jefferson Street to Liberty Street
• River Road from Preston Street to Witherspoon Street (2 lanes)
• Witherspoon Street from Slugger Field to Clay Street and from Adams Street to River Road
Additional intermittent closures
• Frankfort Avenue from Story Avenue to River Road, with local access available between Story Avenue and Washington Street
• Mellwood Avenue under I-64
• Story Avenue under I-64
• Ramp from I-65 South to I-64 West is closed through early November.
• I-65 South and I-65 North reduced to two through lanes of traffic from the Abraham Lincoln Bridge to Brown’s Station Way through late 2016.
• Alternating closures on Market Street and Riverside Drive from Clark Street to Riverpointe Plaza.
The actual starting date and duration for the work may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur. Also, given the aggressive overall construction schedule for the project, Walsh DBT may shift work schedules when opportunities arise. Find all of the latest traffic information at www.kyinbridges.com.