Secret Service Director called to Oval Office over Colombia scandal

Print
Email
|

by ABC News

WHAS11.com

Posted on April 21, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Updated Saturday, Apr 21 at 8:52 PM

(ABC News) -- The head of the Secret Service was called to the Oval Office for his first face-to-face meeting with the President since the scandal exploded.

Mark Sullivan briefed President Obama Friday, and came away with his job while three more Secret Service agents were forced out -- for a total of six so far.

Five others remain under investigation while another has been cleared of the most serious allegations.

The military is investigating 11 of their own as well.

A toxic brew of prostitutes, alcohol and unpaid money boiled over into scandal.

"The Secret Service demands integrity unconditionally,” said Barbara Riggs, former Deputy Director, Secret Service. “It has been a very, very serious situation and it has done irreparable harm to the Secret Service reputation."

Now the revelation that one of the agents implicated in the Colombian scandal has more to answer for.

When David Chaney was assigned to protect vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, he confided to his Facebook page: "I was really checking her out, if you know what I mean."

One kind of "going rogue" Governor Palin doesn't approve of.

"It actually violates the sacrosanct trust that we have between the Secret Service and a protectee," said Riggs.

Congressional hearings loom.
 

Print
Email
|