Police reveal more information that led to the arrest of Clarksville High School student

Learning more about Clarksville teen's arrest

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) --  After months of talking to witnesses and following leads, police confirm new information led to a breakthrough and the arrest of a Clarksville High School student. Kevin Grover, 18, was arrested at school on Wednesday.

Authorities said the arrest process in a case like this one can be complicated and involves multiple different law enforcement agencies and outside factors. But police now reveal what ultimately lead to Kevin Grover's arrest was a tip.

Major Scott Merchant with Clarksville Police Department said, "Finally they got their tip that led them to him, and luckily we were able to get him off the street.”

Police say 19-year-old Ryan Higdon was killed at the end of May.

LMPD sources confirm they knew Kevin Grover was involved at the beginning of June. That’s when they released a “wanted” poster detailing police were looking for him in connection to the homicide.

But it wasn't until Wednesday, September 7, that they handed the information over to the U.S. Marshal Fugitive Task Force. That’s when marshals said they followed leads to an address and someone at that address directed them to Clarksville High School. 

“The principal asked him to leave the room and they went to a secure area. After he was in a secured area, away from all the other students, the U.S. Marshals and the police department stepped in and placed him in handcuffs and arrested him for the warrant," Merchant said.

Grover was first taken to the Clark County Jail, where he waived extradition, and was then transferred to Metro Corrections, according to police.

Merchant said, “He didn't resist. Of course, he didn't really have an opportunity to because everyone was there but it was almost like it was going to happen sometime. He was ready for it.”

Police said Grover is the fourth suspect to be arrested in connection to the case.

According to the warrant, Grover was wanted for charges including murder and robbery. But at this time his charges are still unclear, as the now 18-year-old was a juvenile at the time the crime was committed and unless the Commonwealth's Attorney says otherwise, the case is confidential.

Sources with the Commonwealth's Attorney's office said it’s likely the case will be transferred to adult court and he will be tried as an adult. That’s a decision that will happen at a hearing in juvenile court sometime this month.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment