Puppy saved after accidental consumption of antifreeze

Print
Email
|

by WHAS11

WHAS11.com

Posted on January 15, 2013 at 3:13 PM

AUSTRALIA (CNN) – A 9-week-old puppy in Australia was put on a vodka drip after being poisoned by antifreeze.

Cleo was just hours away from fatal kidney failure after licking antifreeze from a car part.

Apparently the only cure for coolant poisoning is pure alcohol.

The vodka was fed via a drip through her nose and into her stomach.

The pup consumed a third of the bottle in two days and now feels better. 
 

Print
Email
|