(CNN) -- A Wichita neighborhood is still buzzing after a pair of Kansas Lottery winners nearly blew up their home while allegedly celebrating with drugs.
"You could tell the big boom. It was real loud. I never heard that like that before," Mary Jewett, a woman that shares a duplex with one of the men, said. "It shook my whole kitchen and it shook my kids' bedroom."
Jewett said the blast was strong enough to shatter a bedroom window.
"So I heard screaming, so I came to the front door, and they're all, smoke was coming out of the apartment over here," she said.
Wichita police said two brother bought some pot and meth after hitting a $75,000 lottery ticket. Investigators said the men were apparently filling butane torches to light bongs when the furnace pilot light ignited the fumes.
"Woo, that's nice to celebrate, but celebrate too hard, that took place of that celebration real fast!" Jewett said.
She said she is lucky it wasn't more serous or someone in her family could have been hurt.
Police said one of the me was injured, suffering second degree burns on his arms and chest. Both brothers will face drug possession charges.