Florida baby dies after eating detergent pods

Print
Email
|

by Bethanni Williams

WHAS11.com

Posted on August 16, 2013 at 7:39 AM

(WHAS 11)--A seven month-old Florida baby is dead after eating one of those laundry detergent pods.

The colorful pods filled with highly concentrated detergent look a lot like candy.

The pod on the left, the candy on the right

They’re attractive to children.

Poison control centers received more than 5700 calls so far this year about kids eating them.

The makers of Tide detergent, not the brand in this case, say they are changing the pod containers to look less like a cookie jar and are adding a 3 part lock system to keep little hands out.


 

Print
Email
|