DC Navy Yard shooter was reservist until 2011

DC Navy Yard shooter was reservist until 2011

DC Navy Yard shooter was reservist until 2011

Print
Email
|

by Associated Press

WHAS11.com

Posted on September 16, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Updated Wednesday, Nov 20 at 3:31 PM

   WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Navy says a gunman who opened fire inside a building at the Washington Navy Yard was a full-time reservist from 2007 to 2011.
 
   The Navy said in a release Monday that 34-year-old Aaron Alexis, of Texas, left the Navy on Jan. 31, 2011, as a petty officer 3rd class. It's not immediately clear why he left.
 
   Alexis had been working for the fleet logistics support squadron No. 46, in Fort Worth, Texas. The Navy says his home of record was New York City.
 
   Alexis was one of 13 people killed during the rampage.
 

Print
Email
|