Miami Beach theater evacuated after popcorn fire

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on April 24, 2014 at 6:05 AM

Updated Thursday, Apr 24 at 8:04 AM

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A small fire that started in a popcorn machine caused the evacuation of a Miami Beach movie theater.

Officials say the smoke alarm sounded about 7:25 p.m. Wednesday inside the Regal South Beach theater.

Miami Beach firefighters quickly extinguished the fire.

Miami television station WSVN (http://bit.ly/1gT6ExQ ) showed moviegoers covering their faces as they left the smoky theater. Employees wore masks as they helped customers get out of the building. One employee was checked by rescue crews but is expected to be OK.

The theater was expected to reopen Thursday after crews clean up the concession stand.

___

Information from: WSVN-TV, http://www1.wsvn.com/

Print
Email
|