ELIZABETHTOWN, Ky. (AP) — The second trial for a central Kentucky father accused in the death of his 1-month-old son has been set for March.
The News Enterprise (http://bit.ly/19RWCfj ) reports Hardin Circuit Judge Ken Howard scheduled the proceedings for 24-year-old Jarrod D. Davis to begin on March 19.
Davis is charged with murder and abuse in the death of Ja'Vion Davis in January. An indictment said Davis "wantonly engaged in conduct that created a grave risk of death" to the child.
A medical examiner found blunt force trauma to the baby's head and several other injuries.
Davis said he was burping his son when he dropped the infant.
His first trial earlier this month ended with a hung jury.
Information from: The News-Enterprise, http://www.thenewsenterprise.com