LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) — A dropped keychain has released chemical mace and caused the evacuation of a University of Kentucky dormitory.
WLEX-TV (http://bit.ly/ZLfFFM ) in Lexington reported the incident caused a Lexington Fire Department hazardous materials team to respond to the Kirwan IV dormitory early Thursday.
A student told firefighters she dropped her keychain and it went down a stairwell, releasing some of the mace.
More than a dozen students complained of trouble breathing, but none required hospital treatment.
The building was aired out and students were allowed to return.
Information from: WLEX-TV, http://www.wlextv.com