JEFFERSONVILLE, IND.,(WHAS 11)--Firefighters in Jeffersonville say a couple is lucky to be alive after a fire broke out in their home.
The fire happened around 6:45 a.m. Wednesday.
Crews say one of the residents arrived home to find smoke throughout the house and woke up another resident who was asleep on a bed on fire.
They say the couple didn't have smoke detectors.
Firefighters are reminding you to check your smoke detectors, change the batteries, and change the detector if its more than 10 years old.