Couple "lucky to be alive" after fire

JEFFERSONVILLE, IND.,(WHAS 11)--Firefighters in Jeffersonville say a couple is lucky to be alive after a fire broke out in their home.

The fire happened around 6:45 a.m. Wednesday.

Crews say one of the residents arrived home to find smoke throughout the house and woke up another resident who was asleep on a bed on fire.

They say the couple didn't have smoke detectors.

Firefighters are reminding you to check your smoke detectors, change the batteries, and change the detector if its more than 10 years old.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment