Early morning fire at Galt House contained

Fire breaks out at Galt House hotel

Louisville, Ky. (WHAS11) - ​Officials have cleared the Galt House hotel after an early morning fire.

The call came in just after 5 a.m. Officials confirmed a fire had started in an electrical closet on the 23rd floor. It was contained and extinguished quickly.

Though no guests were staying on any floors higher than 19, some guests were evacuated as a safety precaution while an inspection took place. No injuries were reported.

All guests have since been returned to their rooms, and all restaurants have opened for business. All New Year's Eve festivities will continue as planned.

 

© 2018 WHAS-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories