LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- The walking and running path that runs around the Crescent Hill Reservoir will be closed for around eight weeks.
The closure is part of a restoration project for the gatehouse on the property that is owned by the Louisville Water Company.
It was originally built in 1879.
Crews are working to replace 3,000 terra-cotta tiles on the inside and install a new slate roof on the outside.
Crews are also restoring the limestone staircase leading up to the reservoir, which will temporarily cut off access to the popular walking path.