Shively woman suffers minor injuries in apartment fire

Print
Email
|

by Amy Stallings

WHAS11.com

Posted on February 25, 2013 at 7:16 AM

Updated Monday, Feb 25 at 7:22 AM

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) -- A woman was transported to the hospital overnight after a fire broke out at a Shively apartment complex.

The fire broke out in just before 1 a.m. Monday at an apartment in the 1800 block of Appleton Lane.

Firefighters said food on the stove caught fire and when the woman tried to move the pan she dropped it on the floor in the living room, causing the fire to spread.

The woman did suffer minor burns to her hands and smoke inhalation.

 No other injuries were reported and firefighters said the fire was contained to the woman’s apartment.

“There was a little bit of smoke upstairs in the other two apartments upstairs, but we’ve cleared that out and all the other residents are back in there apartments,” Greg Cambron with the Shively Fire Department said.

Print
Email
|